Why Do We Have a Tabler of the Week?
We periodically interview one of our amazing co-workers to highlight on our culture blog. A great culture is 100% about the people that drive it. We come from different places, backgrounds, and experiences and all add a lot of spice to this workplace.
Tabler of the Week: Ilana Lasday
Tabler Since: October 31, 2016
Hails From: The Midwest (Milwaukee, WI/ Columbus, OH / St. Louis, MO)
Proud Alumni Of: University of Maryland
What is your role at Social Tables? Office Coordinator
What were you doing before you came to Social Tables? I was working at an organization called BBYO Passport and focused on summer teen travel programs.
What do you like to do outside of work? In my free time I like to get lost in a good book, make a mess in the kitchen while testing out a new recipe or baking some goodies, attempt the NYT crossword, spend quality time with my friends, visit my family and travel the world.
Talk about your favorite Core Value: My favorite Core Value is Hospitality Matters. I think Maya Angelou said it best when she said, “At the end of the day people won’t remember what you said or did, they will remember how you made them feel.”
Talk about your favorite Social Tables event: Though I have only been here for 4 months, I have to say we have had quite a few memorable ST events. The one I want to give a shout out to is our pre-holiday ugly sweater/onesie pot luck lunch. It was great seeing everyone in the company take a break from their busy day and have a fun time eating all the delicious food that was contributed while laughing and enjoying each other’s company. I also just love the opportunity to wear my dinosaur onesie!
What makes you weird? Aside from loving to sport a dinosaur onesie… I created an imaginary older brother. I do in fact have an older brother, but I told everyone that my parents had another child when they were in high school (since they are high school sweethearts) and that the baby was sent away. I concocted a whole life for him. He occasionally still sends cards for family members’ birthdays. My active imagination definitely contributes to my weirdness.
Cheers from Peers:
- You’re the bomb. (Is that still a cool thing to say?!) You do such an awesome job making sure the office is well cared for. Love the attention to coffee, and those super sweet new bulletin-type boards you set up with upcoming event info. Thank you so much for everything you do.
- You are so great and you know it. Love that you do everything with a huge smile on your face.
- I miss you! I hope you’re having a great time on vacation.
- Thank you for taking my feedback RE: Cereal solutions and making it actionable. You have no idea how great it is to start my day with that. #BrkfastKrew #Cheers
- Thank you for an amazing breakfast club! You are the best
- To my favorite ops team – y’all are amazing! What a great GTC and high energy event. Thank you for all you do to make this such a sweet place to work!!!
- Today’s gtc was a huge hit. Thank you for making it so successful.
- Great job with GTC and the V4 party! You guys certainly made the day feel extra special!
- Thank you for every single thing you do every day to make life amazing here at Social Tables. You are incredible and I’m so thankful you are here! -Boopy Stars
- Thank you for making incredible french toast!!!
- Thanks for always brightening my day! Whether it’s with a punny joke or a grilled cheese – ya da real MVP!
- Thanks for all your help. Everyday. You are the glue. I really appreciate your warm, logical and urgent approach to your work and making our company dope #cheers
- fruit roll ups! thank you for being so helpful around the office!