Why Do We Have a Tabler of the Week?
We periodically interview one of our amazing co-workers to highlight on our culture blog. A great culture is 100% about the people that drive it. We come from different places, backgrounds, and experiences and all add a lot of spice to this workplace.
Tabler of the Week: Johnny Austin
Tabler Since: 10/24/16
Hails From: Saginaw, Michigan
Proud Alumni Of: Tuskegee University
What is your role at Social Tables? Senior Engineering Manager
What were you doing before you came to Social Tables? Besides vacationing on the island of Santorini? I was working as Director of Engineering at iStrategyLabs.
What do you like to do outside of work? Spending time with family, BBQ, weightlifting, smoking cigars, traveling, getting new tattoos, wearing hats, and open source development!
Talk about your favorite Core Value: “Every Day is a School Day” is definitely my favorite core value. I love learning new things. One of the best feelings in the world is when a new piece of knowledge completely alters my perspective on something.
Talk about your favorite Social Tables event: The series B celebration dinner. I attended before I started and was a few minutes late. I walked in the dining hall and everyone in the company was moving really quickly (running) trying to set their tables. I couldn’t tell if it was a competition or if people were just really excited about setting tables.
What makes you weird? I have an incredible hulk behavior pattern of extrovertness. Most of the time I’m pretty introverted. Then, under certain circumstances (speaking engagements, teaching etc), I transform into an extrovert. Then I revert back to my normal self and discover I said something useful.
Cheers from Peers:
- Thanks for kicking of the Node U stuff! Your explanations and visuals were super helpful, and I’m excited to learn more. Thank you again!
- Thanks for all your help with planning. We are well on our way to making some significant change for good!
- 99%! :dapleft:
- great job in clarifying and communicating printing issues to CS
- “Printgate” is the best email I’ve ever read at socialtables. THANK YOU!!!!!!
- Leadership starts with effective communication and this quality was on full blast for you over the past couple of weeks. Awesome job!
- Cheers for the highly illuminating ‘Printgate’ memo. Much appreciated.
- Thank you so much for all of your hard work on export these past few weeks, every squashed bug gets us one step closer to the finish line!