Why Do We Have a Tabler of the Week?
We periodically interview one of our amazing co-workers to highlight on our culture blog. A great culture is 100% about the people that drive it. We come from different places, backgrounds, and experiences and all add a lot of spice to this workplace.
Tabler of the Week: Sabba Nazhand
Tabler Since: February 2014
Hails From: Northern Virginia by way of Athens, Greece, by way of Tehran, Iran.
Proud Alumni Of: George Mason University
What is your role at Social Tables? Sales
What were you doing before you came to Social Tables? Was the Director of Sales for an EdTech company based in London, UK. Managed a sales team in London, Prague and Mauritius.
What do you like to do outside of work? Playing with my puppy Mia Wallace. I love to travel(32 countries/160 cities and counting). Mentoring at 1776. Hiking(not really, I complain half the time). Golfing(when I don’t blow out my back). Spending time with my fiance.
Talk about your favorite Core Value: It Takes A Village: There is always someone at ST that is willing to lend a hand. That’s rare for most companies.
Talk about your favorite Social Tables event: There have been so many epic events at ST. The one that most recently stands out, has to be the Series B, Closing Dinner. The surprise activity was so much fun and educational. Getting together at the beautiful Watergate Hotel to celebrate a huge accomplishment that 99% of Startups don’t ever achieve was humbling. It was overall a great experience.
What makes you weird?
“Your face.” – Alex McGlynn
“Your shoe collection. It goes with you on tradeshows.” – Ram Parimi
“Your ability to joke around and be totally serious at the same time.” – Mikel Hoffman
“The fact you actually had a girl say yes.” – Will Merrick
“Hahah. Umm..this Slack…” – Brittney Bernstein
“OH. Duh. The Alien stuff.” – Rachel Dobroth
“Lol we don’t have enough time.” – Liz Faught
“You like to sit in saunas with coworkers(Colin) & read strangely sexual books.” – Colin Jones
“You got engaged to a coworker.” – Dan Berger
Cheers from Peers:
- BIG KAHUNA !! Congrats big homey #Q4M4SSIV3
(3 at the end is cuz we start right NOW :clap: and we’re gonna hit a new level once the 3STack picks up speed)
- Thank you for making room in your schedule to talk to my man David in October – much appreciated. Oh and thanks for actually coming in today.
- you always take a moment of your time to praise a co-worker on a job well done. Always motivational!
- Had to reschedule but thank you for taking the time to let me sit in on your demo and understand more from your side!
- Thanks for always looking super excited to help me when I yell your name across the sales floor 🙂
- Congrats on Disney and way to lead the charge #Q4M4SSIV3
- Thank you for being MC at Town Hall. Your contribution has helped us change the way we run this meeting for the better.
- Sabba has a full schedule while he is out at Dreamforce but was nice enough to head across town to meet a lead of mine in-person. Whether it ends up closing or not, that is awesome of him to take time to help like. You da man Sabba
- #Q4M4SSIV3 Cause its gametime
- Thanks for being a trustworthy mentor when it comes to learning new things. You are the man, Sabba
- Thanks for taking me along for your lecture. That was really fun and I appreciate more the work you’ve put in to be a thought leader in our field. #Cheers #Q4M4SSIV3
- Congrats on the engagement, very happy for you and Rachel!
- Really Appreciate your objective advice, you’re so worldly and old, and wise and…CONGRATULATIONS Very happy, excited and proud for the both of you #Cheers
- I once watched Austin Powers and thought you were the main character
- Big deals!