Why Do We Have a CheersLeader of the Week?
We periodically interview one of our amazing co-workers to highlight on our culture blog. A great culture is 100% about the people that drive it. We come from different places, backgrounds, and experiences and all add a lot of spice to this workplace.
Note from the editor: This is a new form of recognition for us – instead of recognizing those who received the most, we want to highlight a special individual who makes it a priority to recognize others for the amazing work they do, making them our CheersLeader of the Week!
CheersLeader of the Week: DJ Bruggemann
Tabler Since: April 2013
Hails From: Lexington, KY
Proud Alumni Of: Miami University (the one in Ohio)
What is your role at Social Tables? Director, Business Development
What were you doing before you came to Social Tables? Helping IT professionals have their data Backed Up and Recovered in the fastest ways possible by selling them AppAssure Software.
What do you like to do outside of work?
I like Bourbon and Kentucky basketball. They’re even better together!
I’m a fan of live music. My go to while working are Grateful Dead concerts or Bassnectar so depending on the day the tunes can get a bit weird – I don’t get to control the Sonos much anymore.
I’ve recently joined a CSA so finding ways to incorporate vegetables into my diet is also on the rise.
I had a bike, but it got stolen.
I have a wonderful girlfriend. (#browniepoints)
Talk about your favorite Core Value:
Committed to Quality – Because it should be a given, but so many organizations fail here.
As part of the committee who helped to audit our Values it was really interesting to understand how each department interpreted the idea of constantly providing the best services and outcomes available. No one was happy or encouraging cutting corners – that didn’t fall in line with the other values or expectations we set.
With every Tabler putting that level of passion into each and every day has led to amazing things that constantly surprise me!
Talk about your favorite Social Tables event:
This must be how parents feel when you ask which is their favorite child – I love all of them.
That said – Chiavaris 2014 stands out as a top notch party.
What makes you weird?
I still have a $2 bill that was given to me by my 5th grade teacher, Mr. E. I’ve carried it in every wallet I’ve ever had.
Your Favorite Cheers from Peers:
- If no one has told you yet, your commitment to Island Fridays is Godly. You’re also a General and I really admire how you’ve grown your team and tackle every challenge head on. Keep it up, you’re an inspiration
- Thanks for taking time to hear my ideas when presenting SAF earlier this month. I’ve already seen a few things come to fruition recently, which assures me that our team is aligned better than ever and our communication is truly a two-way street built on mutual interests.
- Thanks for being a director that is caring and empathetic. I appreciate you being there for me and giving me advice on personal issues.
- Cheers for the pleasant pops!! Thank you!
- Thanks for all of the helpful feedback and for sitting in on everyone’s commits for the month. Ready to kill November!
- thanks for leading a productive off-site & for helping in our october review/forecast – excited for november!
- Appreciate your constant help to improve, and found your weekly email to be very powerful. Think that’s the right messaging we need.
- Thank you for all of your advice and encouragement last week. It was cool to hear how you would press urgency and get leads to open up on the phone.