Why Do We Have a Tabler of the Week?
We periodically interview one of our amazing co-workers to highlight on our culture blog. A great culture is 100% about the people that drive it. We come from different places, backgrounds, and experiences and all add a lot of spice to this workplace.
Tabler of the Week: Mary Mejia
Tabler Since: August 2014
Hails From: Brooklyn, NY & La Ceiba, Honduras
Proud Alumni Of: The University of Scranton for Undergrad & GWU for Grad School
What is your role at Social Tables? I am a Customer Success Manager! My main role here is to provide a seamless experience to our Customers as they navigate through every product in Social Tables. I work with many of our Corporate, CORT and International accounts.
What were you doing before you came to Social Tables? I was at GWU completing my MA in International Affairs with a Regional Focus in Latin American Development (mouth full!) My thesis was titled “What are the push & pull factors which cause youth in San Salvador & Baltimore, Maryland to join MS-13 and other gangs.” While in grad school, I also worked for a temp agency and was assigned to a Mexican bank where I conducted foreign currency transactions for various Corporations.
What do you like to do outside of work? I LOVE to cook, bake and host parties!! I also like to travel with Salome around the world! Next stop Cuba 🙂
Talk about your favorite Core Value: It Takes a Village. I strongly agree with this value as it’s important in every aspect of life to be collaborative. I’m a social bug who enjoys collaborating to achieve great things!
Talk about your favorite Social Tables event: OMG I can’t decide…..Holiday Party 2015! I love a good dress up party and i’m obsessed with international travel and spy things. I can’t wait for Holiday Party 2016!!! GET EXCITED y’alls!
What makes you weird? Seriously, I’m a big weirdo. I like to search the endings of movies while I’m watching them. I also quote movies and I don’t certain foods due to their color or appearance.
Cheers from Peers:
- You are ROCKING the international accounts! I love hearing you on the phone (en Espanol) and taking charge of the relationship.
- Thanks to the best mentor ever for introducing me to everyone and making my first week even better!
- Thank you a million times over for your many quick Spanish translations! I so appreciate ya!
- I hear you’re doing really great work… and in Spanish nonetheless. You rock! Happy 2 years 🙂
- Happy ST2, start buddy! Also – EPIC, epic win yesterday figuring out what the hell was going on with the Totally Mod objects even though it’s not your account. You are amazing!
- During the Royal Air Force Charitable Trust Enterprises call I thought you did an excellent job talking to customers in a clear and professional tone. I though it was great how you had their events open and had many suggestions on how they could use the product better. You displayed an excellent understanding of the product and the history of the product throughout time.
- We should def do Solos Exitos hour in the office more often! Hang tight w/ your crazy convention center, we know you’ll do a great job
- Great work dealing with the tough relationships! I know that all of the different resellers are SO HARD to manage and you are working it like a champ!
- Really impressed with how quickly you’ve grabbed CSM’ing by the horns and you’re absolutely rocking it! You’re an inspiration.…also thank you for the futon.
- Thank you for your help creating the floor plan for the ST Ping Pong Invitational in VM3 – so awesome! The event couldn’t have been a success without you!
- I really appreciate that you ask lots of questions and that you always want to get it right, and make it better the next time around. Never stop asking questions. Cheers!
- Thank you for breaking down flock and helping me get those objects uploaded!
- Way to keep a positive attitude and energy through the ups and downs and challenges of your role!!! You’re a STar!
- Thank you for your help to complete the guest list for the wedding I am working on! I could not have done it without you!
- Awesome job rocking that call with Amy! She can be a tough cookie, but she was very pleased with your work on her floor plans!
- Muchas Gracias for jumping into Helpjuice to create resources en Espanol!
- You are amazing. I just saw the latest CORT demo you created and I am so proud of you. Thank you for your dedication.
- Thanks for all that you do off the radar for our customers. I know it’s not easy since the path forward isn’t always clear. It does not going unnoticed. You’re a trailblazer!
- You are doing SO awesome and I really appreciate all of the work you’re doing for our customers, with a can-do positive attitude along with it.
- It’s a pleasure to hear you on the phone!! You have such a natural, fun connection with your customers!
- Thanks for all the quality VM3 bug reports. Best CS d-(^_^)-b