Why Do We Have a Tabler of the Week?
We periodically interview one of our amazing co-workers to highlight on our culture blog. A great culture is 100% about the people that drive it. We come from different places, backgrounds, and experiences and all add a lot of spice to this workplace.
Tabler of the Week: Elu Fosh
Tabler Since: July? 2016 (it’s actually June 2016, but who’s counting other than HR?)
Hails From: Adams Morgan (actually). Grew up on the corner of Lanier & Ontario.
Proud Alumni Of: Oberlin College. Lena Dunham has screamed at me several times.
What is your role at Social Tables? Tech lead of the venue mapper team.
What were you doing before you came to Social Tables? Dev @ ISL. Dev @ Jibe, digital marketing & comms for a smattering of startups, nonprofits, and political stuff before that. Trade policy analysis before that.
What do you like to do outside of work? I make (mostly 3d) art & design dumb posters and tee shirts. I also restore motorcycles & race cars. Oh, also sometimes I have to keep my house from caving in on itself like a dying star.
Talk about your favorite Core Value: My favorite value is always be honest b/c when somebody tells me that I look nice I understand that values are flexible
Talk about your favorite Social Tables event: The time that I didn’t get fired.
What makes you weird? ^
Cheers from Peers:
- Thanks for bringing me up to speed on the UI redesign work and talking over scope and implementation status. It was really helpful.
- Thanks for volunteering your space on Saturday to get it deployed, I think that Iced coffee was the secret to it working out
- Your commitment to quality on the VM3 export was awesome and an example to others.
- You are pretty cool nice job at developer. Also can I say that you are pretty handsome fella and a snappy dresser imo.
- THANK YOU FOR YOUR DEDICATION TO FIXING Printing in VM3!!!!! So epic. You have made the lives of our customers and the CS team 10x better thanks to your hard work. Again, thank you. It’s going to help the team unleash and migrate business into the 3 stack faster. Amazing work! 🙂
- A Billion Thanks for the Export fix
- THANK YOU for all of your hard work on VM3 exporting… I know this was a huge lift but this helps us SO SO much!!! Not only does this help with making sure customers can print, but also helps lesson the IT technicalities we need to walk our customers through! I really truly appreciate your time and hard work on this!!!! ALL THE CHEERS!
- I think you have a pretty smile.
- Thank you for all your hard work on the VM3 printing issues this weekend!!! You guys ROCK and our customers appreciate your work a ton 🙂
- Thanks for showing me the ins and outs of Blender and putting up with the 76 Trillion questions I had and will have in the future.
- I really appreciate how thorough but succinct you were in your innovation sprint presentation yesterday. It’s also really cool that you guys set out to solve a *really* challenging problem and you’re still collecting data and it’s open source! Well done!
- Does anyone check these or just
- Thank you for all your work on the various 3D stuff our clients throw at us… FLOCK, Blendr, custom 3D!!!
- The WebGL Benchmark app is amazing (and beautiful)! I can definitely see a future where we’re a lot more sophisticated in serving up different experiences optimized for our users.
- CHEERS FOR THE SCALE ON PDF EXPORTS!!!!! Thanks for your hard and quick work on this- you made my day!
- You have a pretty cool tooth and foot situation.
- Thanks for diving in heads first and kicking ass. Don’t stop. Drinks on me with whenever you want.
- Its been great having you on VM3! I’ve been really happy with what you’ve done for our scrum process and I’m looking forward to the next code review