Why Do We Have a Tabler of the Week?
We periodically interview one of our amazing co-workers to highlight on our culture blog. A great culture is 100% about the people that drive it. We come from different places, backgrounds, and experiences and all add a lot of spice to this workplace.
Tabler of the Week: Amelia Marlowe
Tabler Since: October 2015
Hails From: Baltimore, MD (hometown of the GOAT #nbd)
Proud Alumni Of: Clemson University- Go Tigers!
What is your role at Social Tables? Senior Business Development Associate (***note from the editor: as of this week! Congrats Amelia!!!)
What were you doing before you came to Social Tables? Kick-starting the postgrad life with a summer of job searching on my parents couch (yawn)… Prior to that I worked at a small PR firm in Greenville, SC. They introduced me to Social Tables for their marketing events and are really the reason why I wanted to work at ST!
What do you like to do outside of work? I love to travel even if it’s just taking a weekend trip- especially to wineries and the beach. My goal is to go back to Europe sometime soon. I’m a huge TV buff with anything from docuseries to GoT (I even visited filming locations when I went to Belfast and Croatia). While I’m waiting around for season 7, I’m currently working on redecorating my house since I just moved and exploring my hood!
Talk about your favorite Core Value:
Hospitality Matters. The fact that everyone goes out of their way to help one another, and the company as a whole, regardless if that task was listed in their job description. I see coworkers putting in 120% effort daily and it’s inspiring.
Talk about your favorite Social Tables event:
My favorite event at Social Tables was Family Weekend! It was amazing to see everyone show off their accomplishments and proudly introduce their relatives to their second family. Shout out to our awesome committee for making it happen! …and for those wondering yes those were my parents and no I’m not adopted.
What makes you weird?
Sooooo I’ve been told my obsession with Buzzfeed and pop culture borders on “weird”/obsessive territory. I’m basically an encyclopedia when it comes to celebrities and obscure Hollywood facts. I go on Buzzfeed almost every day to make sure I’m up-to-date on this useless info. Yeah “knowing what type of Yankee candle you are” or the fact that Taylor Swift grew out of her goth phase might be irrelevant to you, but I love it!!! (Where my Balsam & Cedar’s at ????)
Cheers from Peers:
- For getting promoted!!!
- Congrats on the promo!
- Congratulations on the promotion!! You rock, sista!!
- Congrats on Senior BD!! Very well deserved, keep up the great work
- Thank you so much for letting me crash your block on Friday! It may not seem like much, but I promise your insight is really SO valuable. I appreciate you and all you do
- Thank you for taking time to have a Career Conversation with me. Excited to work together and help you achieve great things.
- Thanks so much for helping me out and sending 3D screenshots!!
- thank you for being an honest and loyal bd/friend
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMELIA! keep crushing it and being a great person to work with 🙂
- Great job hitting goal this month!
- Cheers to you – Congrats on hitting your June goal!! you rock!
- GREAT MONTH GIRL! Way to kill your goal for June.
- Thank you for the responses inside Small Improvements. As I mentioned after the first round, I heard you gave good feedback and you most certainly delivered. I will take what you offered and put it to use. Please keep holding me accountable!
- has been killing it this month!!
- Thanks for seeking out my help! I am having fun coaching!
- Thank you for facilitating some great conversations at today’s GTC!