Why Do We Have a Tabler of the Week?
We periodically interview one of our amazing co-workers to highlight on our culture blog. A great culture is 100% about the people that drive it. We come from different places, backgrounds, and experiences and all add a lot of spice to this workplace.
Tabler of the Week: Dan Dombrowsky
Tabler Since: August 2015
Hails From: Arlington, VA
Proud Alumni Of: Virginia Tech
What is your role at Social Tables? Engineering, I’m on the Infrastructure team
What were you doing before you came to Social Tables? I worked on software applications for the U.S. Army, focused on digital maps and situational awareness.
What do you like to do outside of work? I run and hike quite a bit and like to travel. Sometimes I combine the two.
Talk about your favorite Core Value:
Every day is a school day is my favorite. I want to learn new things and be constantly improving.
Talk about your favorite Social Tables event:
My favorite so far was last year’s Christmas party. Loved hanging out in the Spy Museum. So much atmosphere.
What makes you weird?
I like european board games. The ones that are like playing a spreadsheet. I don’t know what that says about me.
Cheers from Peers:
- Thanks for organizing the Innovation Sprint! The presentations were impressive and you set the tone for yesterday’s event perfectly as the host. I hope this happens again!
- awesome job running the hackathon, was done professionally. A perfect mix of engineering happiness + proving out the idea to the company.
- THANK YOU for organizing the innovation sprint. It was incredible. You’re a hero.
- Awesome job on the Innovation sprint and awards! The rainbow poos are adorable.
- Thanks for putting together the innovation sprint! It was really cool to see all of the wild things you guys could do in just two weeks- makes me really excited for the future of Social Tables. Cheers!
- Innovation Sprint was NUTS. From someone who has no clue of the technical work behind that stuff, I admire everything you and your engineering peers have put into your projects. Thank you for leading such an important event, and I look forward to more of this!
- Great job with organizing and planning the Innovation Sprint!
- The innovation sprint was a lot of fun and very well executed on your part. Thanks so much for making it all possible!
- Awesome job with BOTH of your Innovation Sprint projects.
- Really enjoyed your segment of GTC. It was great energy, really funny and gave needed context on the innovation Sprint. Thanks for bringing this initiative to our company; can’t wait to see what you guys come up with!
- Really great hearing from you earlier today at GTC. Makes me super excited about the engineering team here at ST.
- Thanks for getting me back into the fold with run club! It was fun and rewarding! Nice pace too!
- Your L&L was incredible. Informative, passionate, and entertaining all rolled into one. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us and I look forward to your next!
- Way to DOMINATE the innovator award!
- Awesome work planning our Hackathon! You’re dombrowinating it.
- sorry for the cheers spam, but also really glad to see the hackathon coming together! It’s something i’ve always admired at other companies and so excited to get it going here.
- Thanks for all your help with setting up the Rethink clusters!
- Thanks for being willing to help ramp eli up on diagram service. Sharing knowledge is going to be key as our team grows and I love how frequently you’re willing to take the lead and run with it.
- Thanks for contributing to our internal tooling with the slack integration for Dubot!
- Great work on Dubotizing Account-Service!