Why Do We Have a Tabler of the Week?
We periodically interview one of our amazing co-workers to highlight on our culture blog. A great culture is 100% about the people that drive it. We come from different places, backgrounds, and experiences and all add a lot of spice to this workplace.
Tabler of the Week: Dave Howe
Tabler Since: April 2015
Hails From: Manlius, NY
Proud Alumni Of: SUNY Binghamton
What is your role at Social Tables? Senior Account Manager
What were you doing before you came to Social Tables? Prior to Social Tables I was an Account Executive at a Public Relations SaaS company formerly known as Vocus.
What do you like to do outside of work? Where to begin…lately I’ve been teaching myself to cook which I’m quite excited about. I also love facetiming and taking weekend trips to see my “lil bro” in NYC. He’s without a doubt my best friend and I’m always happiest when we’re together.
Talk about your favorite Core Value: One of my most memorable experiences at Social Tables was being a part of the Core Values Committee, and while each value has a special meaning to me “Every Day is a School Day” is without a doubt my favorite. I find the idea that we as individuals have the ability to learn, change, and ultimately improve our personal and professional lives to be powerful and inspiring.
Talk about your favorite Social Tables event: My favorite Social Tables event was Family Weekend 2016. It was really gratifying to give my parents a first hand experience of what it’s like to be a tabler. We also had the special opportunity to kick off the weekend at the Hamilton with Dan and his mom Roni Berger.
What makes you weird? My internal clock, I’m definitely a morning person to the extreme…I never set alarm clocks and regardless of what time I go to sleep I’m almost always wide awake and ready to go by 6am. I also have a reputation for “ghosting” when out with friends in the evening, this is basically when you randomly disappear from your group so as to not experience the guilt that comes with being the first to leave. I also have a personal policy which only permits me to “ghost” when I’m with groups of ten or more people because it would be rude and probably a little too weird to do it in smaller group settings.
Cheers from Peers:
- HELL yeah on that Goldman Sachs renewal!! You’re doing an awesome job keeping one of our most valuable customers locked in for years to come!
- Cheers to onboarding our first account together!!!
- Awesome job with The Falls Event Center! Super excited that we’ve added these additional accounts!
- Great job with Falls!!!
- Shoutout for fantastic inter-departmental communication through chatter on the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort/Spa to drive results and change for our business and our company!!
- Loving Dave 2.0. You da man.
- Thanks for working with me to identify sales stages!!!
- Awesome job with the huge improvement on the pull-forwards in Q2…. I know this was a big focus of you for this quarter, and like pretty much everything else with you, when you set your mind to something the results are always impressive! Can’t wait to see you make even more progress on this in Q3 and share what you’ve learned to help the rest of the team.
- Thanks for your Haaspitality this week with having me crash at your pad (and drink all your scotch).
- Great job leading the morning sales huddle! Very motivational! Awesome to see the team come together and hype each other up! Cheers!
- Thanks for always taking the time to check out our attendee lists and give valuable input about your accounts. Our events wouldn’t be successful without your support!!
- Thank you so much for your help with Palm Springs Convention Center! #ittakesavillage
- Thanks for being a rockstar and rolling with the punches! 🙂
- Thanks for all the great tips in today’s discovery sesh!
- Thanks for showing me Howe to SPIN.. Great meeting today!!!
- High five for your presentation on SPIN. I wasn’t there but it sounds legit and I’m sure you killed it.
- Discovery Duo – Awesome job today! It’s one thing to be good at Sales or an aspect of the sales process, but it’s a whole different beast to teach it to others, and I thought you both did a great job of that today. I know the team really benefited from it, and you will literally help these guys make money and be more successful. Hopefully you each got something out of it as well!