Why Do We Have a Tabler of the Week?
We periodically interview one of our amazing co-workers to highlight on our culture blog. A great culture is 100% about the people that drive it. We come from different places, backgrounds, and experiences and all add a lot of spice to this workplace.
Tabler of the Week: Nick DeLessio
Tabler Since: June 2015
Hails From: Iowa
Proud Alumni Of: Georgetown University
What is your role at Social Tables?
I’m an Associate Product Manager working on our Internal Products team. We do sexy things like improve the company’s unit economics and keep our data pretty. And someday build robots that draw floor plans.
What were you doing before you came to Social Tables?
I was studying at Georgetown University and working at the McDonough School of Business, a Social Tables customer. I worked closely with their event planning team, which is how I first learned about Social Tables. When I told them I wanted to go into tech after graduation they immediately started raving about Social Tables. That kind of excitement from a user was how I knew that Social Tables was where I wanted to be.
What do you like to do outside of work?
According to some of the photos I’ve selected for this blog post, I like to stand around with glasses of wine in my hand. And brunch with my fellow Tablers #brunchAndLearn. I’m also a big aviation geek and love to travel. I’m currently planning a trip to Asia this fall.
Talk about your favorite Core Value:
Every Day Is A School Day. I have an awesome team that helps me learn something new every day, whether it’s something about our users and industry or a new Turkish word.
Talk about your favorite Social Tables event:
Anytime my team demos something in front of the company. Seeing their hard work turn an idea into something real that gets people excited. It’s the coolest feeling in the world.
What makes you weird?
I suffer from a serious case of FOMO. I need to know what’s going on everywhere at all times. Which leads to a lot of random calendar stalking. It kind of freaks my boss out.
Cheers from Peers:
- Great presentation on Friday! I loved how you explained FPC in a customer situation to help everyone understand what it is and why it’s so important. You are also a GREAT public speaker! Thanks for all the hard work you put into that presentation and into internal products!
- Awesome job during the product showcase! Loved the idea of presenting the situation via a customer example. You did such a great job painting the pain points well! Cheers!
- Great job presenting at the Product Showcase. The energy was really high and there was a ton to be excited about!
- excellent idea with the the FPC boundary mode strategy that allows us to deliver immediate value without overcommitting! That was tremendous product vision you displayed!
- Thanks for product showcase today. I appreciate the time you took to tie things back to core values and make the ties between the customers and vision -and also to make it entertaining. Keep up the great work!
- Really impressed with your presentation during product showcase. You’re a great public speaker!
- YOUR FPC PRESENTATION IS MAKING ME SO HAPPY! Your presentation of the product was such an amazing vehicle to drive empathy of the CS and product departments to show a big piece of what they do every day.
- WOW WOW. Internal Products team is on the move! Thanks for being so prompt, proactive and focused with getting our proprietary tools where they need to be!!
- Congrats on ST1 Mentee!! Your leadership is a constant and substantial force on our team. I’m really happy and excited to see FPC evolve with your hands at the wheel. Cheers to year 2!
- Really excited to hear about your team’s initials findings with CAD stuff. Thank you for listening to me always 🙂 SO excited to see what else your team can automate/accomplish
- Awesome idea utilizing the Request Edit MVP to validate the need for further Bookable Room functionality! very good PMing work
- You are so pleasant to work with and I greatly appreciate your initiative to get things done. Looking forward to working with you on many projects.
- I am so thankful that you are working on automating the customer onboarding process. It is so exciting to see the possibilities of the future!
- thank you for all of your hard work to make internal product transitions seamless for the customer success team!
- Nick, thank you AGAIN for all your help in running the Community + Product Roundtable! I couldn’t have done it without you. Looking forward to collab’ing with you on many more!