Why Do We Have a Tabler of the Week?
We periodically interview one of our amazing co-workers to highlight on our culture blog. A great culture is 100% about the people that drive it. We come from different places, backgrounds, and experiences and all add a lot of spice to this workplace.
Tabler of the Week: Jesse Halpert
Tabler Since: March? Yeah, let’s say March
Hails From: On Christian Avenue in Stony Brook, New York (Where esteemed actor, Kevin James, was not born, but raised)
Proud Alumni Of: University of Delaware #ROLLHENS
What is your role at Social Tables? Senior Business Development Associate
What were you doing before you came to Social Tables? Worked as an experience-less AE at a small, 9 person company called Encore Alert.
What do you like to do outside of work? I love catching a sports game if any of my NY teams make it to town, peanut butter, movies starring Keanu Reeves and/or Patrick Swayze, trying out different bars/restaurants around the city, and as of Monday, going to remote parks at lunch time to battle people in Pokemon Go.
Talk about your favorite Core Value: Be Outrageous: I think this is a main part of the culture that drew me here in the first place and makes me happy to work here. Everybody’s always down to get weird.
Talk about your favorite Social Tables event: I don’t know if this qualifies an event, but nothing gets me jazzed up like a little bit of ping pong action in the grindhouse.
What makes you weird? An inordinate amount of things. Maybe the amount of times I’ve watched Good Will Hunting in the past two weeks.
Cheers from Peers:
- Congratulations on your promotion!! Well deserved!
- You have awesome phone presence. It’s fun having you over in this part of the office!
- always great developing cross departmental friendships #RoadToCheers
- I really enjoyed your educational session today – keep up the good work. #roadtocheers
- I would like to sincerely congratulate you on your amazing ping-pong skills. Every time I play you, it’s like a religious experience. I apologize for wasting your time today, and hope next time that you bestow mercy upon me. Thank you in advance for considering my sincere apology.
- Sorry for wasting your time. #RoadtoCheers
- CONGRATS ON YOUR PROMO! WELL DESERVED!
- I appreciate how you lead the charge on making calls in the morning. There’s not a single day that you aren’t making calls before 9am, leaving voicemails, connecting with Leads and figuring out who the right person to speak with is. You’re doing a great job and your work ethic is a big part of it. Thank you!
- Great job hitting goal this month!
- thanks for the feedback through small improvements – i know this was a first for some of you – and sometimes difficult to figure out what to say – but all was appreciated!
- Jesse! I think tremendous success is in your future and I’m really glad we got to meet!
- Cheers for getting off to such a fast start. I love how passionate you are and have no doubts you’re going to be killer salesman in the not too distant future. You’ve got the right attitude, work ethic, and know how to persevere. Plus you’re highly coachable…I’m truly excited to see you continue to grow here at ST, please continue letting me know how I can help and keep it up – you da man!!