Why Do We Have a Tabler of the Week?
We periodically interview one of our amazing co-workers to highlight on our culture blog. A great culture is 100% about the people that drive it. We come from different places, backgrounds, and experiences and all add a lot of spice to this workplace.
Tabler of the Week: Will Henry
Tabler Since: August 2014
Hails From: Dayton, Ohio
Proud Alumni Of: University of Georgia
What is your role at Social Tables? VP, Customer Success
What were you doing before you came to Social Tables? Before working at Social Tables I was responding to “Can I speak to a manager” requests at multiple J.Crew retail stores in the Carolinas; prior to that I was in Orlando working for Disney Parks & Resorts.
What do you like to do outside of work? Interests include falling into youtube black holes for hours on end, the bar at Barcelona on 14th, Trader Joe’s Veggie Pad Thai, peppering obscure early 2000s movie quotes into everyday conversation, and recently, rosé in a can.
Talk about your favorite Core Value: My favorite core value is Hospitality Matters. In my current and previous roles, the number one thing we strive to achieve is a perfect customer experience. Hospitality encompasses anything from greeting someone when they walk in the door, being solutions oriented in the face of adversity, to helping a customer understand how they fit into a brand’s narrative.
Hospitality is what gets me out of bed in the morning and makes me excited to come to work at Social Tables!
Talk about your favorite Social Tables event: Favorite Social Tables Event? Tough one. I’m going to have to go with the Series A Closing Dinner in August 2014 – which doubled as my first day at Social Tables! It was one hell of a way to kick off a new career.
What makes you weird? This question stumped me when Ray Miller and Ram Parimi asked me in August 2014 during my culture interview, and it still does today. If you asked the CS team, they would probably say it’s my need to sing along with the music we play in the office even if I don’t know the words, and dance at (not with) innocent passers-by at my desk. Perhaps something about my birthday cake saying “Is cake a carb”, instead of just “Happy Birthday” (thanks team!).
I’m told forcing people to watch videos of my mom’s cat climbing trees, 90’s Blockbuster Video trainings, or assorted chiropractic adjustments is weird but it all seems perfectly normal to me.
Cheers from Peers:
- Thank you so much for taking the time to give me Feedback. I hope to be learning, growing and improving all my life and this will help me be a better Tabler and person. I really appreciate it!
- Thank you for biting the bullet and doing regression testing. I really appreciate and I know everyone on CS also does 🙂
- Thanks for the clear and detailed walk through of Professional Services responsibilities with the team! Look forward to how the additional context makes our conversations and decisions more effective across the CS team!
- Thank you for reaching out to Dr. Philips Center last week. Erin and I were there the night of the vigil and somber is lightest word I can use with how sad the mood was there. You prove that we transcend software and truly cultivate relationships.
- Thanks for keeping tabs on the SSO integration process with Crowne Australia!
- Nice job taking the CS team for an outing…great idea! Thanks also for teaching May VM3
- Thank you for visiting Kallie Island. We can’t wait to have you back. Also, good job on reapplying the sunscreen!
- Thanks for the great ideas about how our products can benefit customers!
- To the Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay dream team. Thank you for handling adversity with grace and poise and going above and beyond to make our customer happy.