Why Do We Have a Tabler of the Week?
We periodically interview one of our amazing co-workers to highlight on our culture blog. A great culture is 100% about the people that drive it. We come from different places, backgrounds, and experiences and all add a lot of spice to this workplace.
Tabler of the Week: Harjap Sahni aka Harjeezy, most recently known by some as “Hungry Harjap”
Tabler Since: October 26, 2015
Hails From: Saint Thomas, US Virgin Islands — Lived there for the first 6 years of my life. I can already hear some of you asking why I moved from such a beautiful place. A few Category 5 hurricanes will do the trick!
Proud Alumni Of: THE University of Virginia. GO HOOS!
What is your role at Social Tables? Senior Business Development Associate on the Marketing team. I’m a small part of the front line that grows our brand and vision across the world.
What were you doing before you came to Social Tables? I studied biology at the University of Virginia and thought I wanted to be a doctor. Then I bombed the MCAT, which was a blessing because I realized med school wasn’t for me! While at UVA, I also worked in Advancement to help bring in $2+ million in donor money for various funds across the school. I look back on these experiences as a launching pad for my success in business development at Social Tables 🙂
What do you like to do outside of work? LOVE staying tuned into all kinds of sports. Where are my Yankees, Spurs, and Broncos fans at? Also a big fan of Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, but I hate Guy Fieri and his stupid bowling shirts and spiked hair.
I enjoy kicking it with friends, drinking beer, skimming cool bits of news, and watching Seinfeld re-runs, yada yada yada.
Talk about your favorite Core Value: “Every Day is a School Day” really hits the spot for me. I’m curious. I’m observant. I love learning new ideas from everything and everyone around me. You’ll always find me asking questions from my Marketing peers, Sales counterparts, Customer Success saviors, and Product/Engineering wizards. More than anything, I am always willing to work smarter and harder to meet create new expectations, and I do that by refreshing my perspective through constant innovation.
Talk about your favorite Social Tables event: ST Holiday Party 2015 at the Spy Museum was my JAM!!! It was my first ST event only 6 weeks into my time here, so it was a great time to actually meet everyone and celebrate their successes. It was Casino Royale-themed, so everyone was dressed their best. Still the only James Bond with a turban. Black tie, black suit, black turban, all black everything.
Later that night, everyone went to Sudhouse and kept the fun going–drinks and table top dancing (not me, I swear). The best part was Ram offering to let me crash at his place in Shaw (#HospitalityMatters) and me convincing fellow Tablers that he was my second cousin.
What makes you weird? Not a big fan of tomatoes, open-toed shoes, the Boston Red Sox, Tom Brady, pretty much not a fan of things that suck.
Also, I have a strange attachment to sarcasm–probably stems from my love for Seinfeld. When I interviewed for the BDA role at Social Tables, one of the first things I did was warn my interviewers that I was really sarcastic. So sarcastic that I kept a straight face and they never knew if I was being serious or not. That interview did not go well, and I never heard back from ST again.
Cheers from Peers:
- Thank you for facilitating some great conversations at today’s GTC!
- So proud of you man…you keep delivering high-quality results like you have been and Tabler of the Week is just the beginning 🙂
- Way to crush your Q2 rev opp goal with 3 full weeks left in the quarter! Very impressive and sets an example for the team! Congrats!
- Thanks for your help this morning with moderating/presenting the activity! I couldn’t have done it without you 🙂
- another double cheers for you – for getting the hot streak award & for hitting your quarterly goal!
- Thanks for the great question about search!
- Congrats on hitting quarterly goal!!
- Harjap! Congratulations on your recent promotion. Keep doing incredible work.
Congrats on the 1st of what should be many promotions here!!
- Hey bud, congrats on the promotion…like I said before keep putting forth the effort and finding ways to improve and sky’s the limit for you! really impressed with everything you’re contributing to the team, keep it up!
- My recent success here can be attributed to you. great job in getting yet another award at GTC earlier this week. Keep grinding as you are doing one hell of a job down there!
- You’re THE man! Congrats on a banner month!