Why Do We Have a Tabler of the Week?
We periodically interview one of our amazing co-workers to highlight on our culture blog. A great culture is 100% about the people that drive it. We come from different places, backgrounds, and experiences and all add a lot of spice to this workplace.
Tabler of the Week: Alexa Mutchler
Tabler Since: August 2015
Hails From: Somerset, New Jersey – Central NJ but some people may disagree with that
Proud Alumni Of: Purdue University. Boiler Up!
What is your role at Social Tables? Customer Success Manager
What were you doing before you came to Social Tables? After college, I worked for the magical land of Walt Disney World (no, I was not a character or princess). Then after that I worked for Omni Hotels and Resorts in both Indianapolis and DC.
What do you like to do outside of work? I love to try new restaurants and love a good brunch on the weekends. So if you know any good deals – let me know! I’m a big hockey and baseball fan so whenever I go back home, going to a Yankees or Rangers game is always on the agenda. I also love to travel and recently just came back from the Philippines and Hong Kong!
Talk about your favorite Core Value: Hospitality Matters! I studied Hospitality & Tourism Management at Purdue University – so hospitality has always been something I was passionate about. When I was little my parents would hardly take me to restaurants because when leaving I would have to say goodbye to every table. I love how Social Tables emphasizes that not only are we a technology company, but we are first a hospitality company. So whether it be with customers, visitors in the office, or with each other all of us embody that hospitality value and treat each other with kindness and respect.
Talk about your favorite Social Tables event: ST Holiday Party! This was my first ST event and it was amazing! It was great to be at a museum after dark and celebrate the holidays with everyone. Also, having a makeup team before the event was pretty great too.
What makes you weird? So I have this weird obsession with sloths – like I really love sloths. If you’re familiar with the Kristen Bell on Ellen video and how she cried when she saw a sloth, well I cry watching that video. I am currently the adoptive mother of a sloth named Julio in Costa Rica. During BD White Elephant I bought myself a sloth snowglobe and was prepared to keep it, but it was stolen from me and I may or may not have cried. I love sloths, but I keep it low key.
Cheers from Peers:
- You’re awesome President HotSteak. Thank you for your help this week! Love your energy and excited to have you on the team
- Great job transitioning to CSM!!! You’re the best
- You survived your first late night call to Asia!!! You are officially a CSM now 🙂 Keep up the great work!
- Great work with Hong Kong! You’re the AM queen!
- Just heard you on a call with The National Democratic Institute – you were killin’ it. So knowledgable!!
- Thank you for covering my phone when those unexpected meetings pop up!
- You’re doing great considering everything you’ve inherited!!!
- You are doing an AWESOME job diving right in and taking on some of our most challenging accounts! Keep up the good work and we are all here to help you!
- Way to crush that AM/Check-in training!
- I know you have a lot on your plate now – I’m so impressed with how you’re handling everything!!! Keep up the great work and remember that we’ve all got your back here on the CS team 🙂
- You are quickly becoming a FLOCK champion! You’re picking up on all things planner so rapidly – keep it up!! #EDIASD