Why Do We Have a Tabler of the Week?
We periodically interview one of our amazing co-workers to highlight on our culture blog. A great culture is 100% about the people that drive it. We come from different places, backgrounds, and experiences and all add a lot of spice to this workplace.
Tabler of the Week: Jared Gold
Tabler Since: July 13th, 2015 (cannot believe it’s been that long!)
Hails From: Overland Park, Kansas
Proud Alumni Of: George Mason
What is your role at Social Tables? Account Executive / software peddler / zing-deliverer
What were you doing before you came to Social Tables? Had a web design business called Brevity. Which is ironic, since I’m long-winded.
What do you like to do outside of work? Adventures of any and all kinds: stand-up comedy shows, basketball, concerts, anything outdoors, DC startup events, and competitive underwater basket-weaving (okay, maybe not…yet).
Talk about your favorite Core Value: Be outrageous. I’m strange and a bit on the eccentric side, but each person in the office is their own brand of bizarre. It feels good to be yourself – and to be around others doing the same.
Talk about your favorite Social Tables event: The last day of Q1 in 2016 on the sales floor. Seeing everyone come together with such focus and excitement was unlike anything I’d ever seen anywhere.
What makes you weird? I’d happily consume chocolate syrup straight from the bottle. I won the 4th-grade spelling bee. I’ve been chased by a three-legged Rottweiler. I almost became a professional poker player when I almost won an online tournament for $400,000. I quit my first real job after reading The Four Hour Workweek.
Cheers from Peers:
- Cheers for reaching out and managing toward the good!
- Thanks for bringing value today.
- You are a well dressed, politely spoken, sharp humored shining notetaker in a sea of naysayers. Keep up the great work!
- Adding value left and right
- Working with you on the recent sales training was a true pleasure. Thank you for your time and commitment to making it successful! Also, awesome intro of Peyton today!
- That was an epic intro!!! #mentorship #publicspeaking
- Thank you for being Peyton’s mentor!!! You da bomb.com
- Keep working hard man and stay positive. I have always been impressed with how much positive energy you bring to work each and every day, even on our gloomy days. Its a great quality to have and trust me when I say this, several on the floor love the attitude you bring to work!!
- Thanks for showing up today and bringing value.
- Thank you for all of your outstanding contributions to vivid vision. They’ve helped make it so much better! I appreciate you taking the time to review it.