Why Do We Have a Tabler of the Week?
We periodically interview one of our amazing co-workers to highlight on our culture blog. A great culture is 100% about the people that drive it. We come from different places, backgrounds, and experiences and all add a lot of spice to this workplace.
Tabler of the Week: Kallie Seniff
Tabler Since: 4/11/2016
Hails From: Frederick, MD
Proud Alumni Of: The most beautiful school in all the land, College of Charleston
What is your role at Social Tables? I’m the Hospitality Manager, although someone told me I was they house mom….
What were you doing before you came to Social Tables? I was #funemployed for three and a half months and it was amazing. Highly recommend it, jk ST FO LYFE. I walked several different dogs and asked people if they needed shoes or water at Zengo Cycle at 6am. Before that I was a Community Manager at two different coworking spaces in DC.
What do you like to do outside of work? I’m all about that #ZengoLife. I’m basic and enjoy indoor cycling along with other types of fitness. The only reason I work out is so I can eat all the bacon, all the ramen, all the pizza, all the tacos…etc. I L-O-V-E food, so much. It makes me happy. One of my favorite activities is going out to eat. If I’m not going out to eat I’m usually making a giant mess trying out a new recipe. I also enjoy talking to dogs, sarcasm, attempting to be organized, soaking up the sun, and having very intelligent conversations with my 1 year old nephew and 4 year old niece.
Talk about your favorite Core Value: IT TAKES A VILLAGE, duh. When I took the SAT’s the question for the writing section was something like “Which is more important and why, cooperation or competition?” While I am a very competitive person I chose cooperation. I wove in the metaphor of a puzzle and how each piece is different but contributes something and the puzzle cannot be complete without all of them (I only had 25 minutes to write a 5 paragraph essay, it was the best I could do). Not only does it take a lot of people to finish something but it takes a lot of people who come from different walks of life to complete something and complete it with pizazz.
Talk about your favorite Social Tables event: TBD, lemme see what you got ST.
What makes you weird? My mother has told me for years that everything I do is perfectly normal, but if you ask my manfriend or any of my friends they would probably tell you my love of dogs makes me weird. While passing ANY, and I mean ANY dog on the street I have to say “oh hi, how you doing down there? Everything okay lil dude?” I just gotta know, and I want to them to know that I care. They should never be left wondering, “who’s a good boy?” One night when sleep talking I told my boyfriend I finally figured out what was keeping me up at night, when he asked what it was I replied with, “the puppies” giggled and rolled over. I LOVE ALL DOGS, especially ones with some sort of defect. But my favorite dog ever is my dog Marley who I share with my mom. If I could give birth to one I would. If it was legal I would marry one. Other than that I’m perfectly normal, right mom?
Cheers from Peers:
- Thanks for breakfast this morning…it was was a delicious upgrade and a good look from a #hospitalitymatters standpoint!!!
- Thank you for being a warm and welcoming presence for everyone in the office! Love the pancakes as they were delicious! Cheers,
- Thanks for continuing to really up our office game in a variety of ways and for being an overall fun person!
- Thanks for always coming to work with a smile and a can do attitude 🙂
- Great job organizing the kitchen and making our snacks awesome and plentiful!!!!
- Great job jumping right in and making a big difference in the office.
- Thank you for all of your hard work upgrading the office environment! Everything is looking amazing. If you did this in a couple weeks, I can’t wait to see how the office will look in 6 months =D
- Your email about the kitchen was hands down one of the funniest emails I’ve read. Thank you for doing an amazing job at giving the kitchen a makeover as it’s a room that everyone in the company uses! 🙂
- The kitchen looks amazing – thanks for your awesome attention to detail – you’re making a big difference already. Not only with aesthetics, but also with community and pride!
- You guys are awesome! The reorganization of the kitchen looks fantastic and is a truly great QOL improvement! The effort really shows 🙂 Thank you both!
- Huge fan of the “my parents didn’t name me A-Village” line. Bravo! Keep up the great work.
- Congrats on getting your first PoST out! Can’t wait to see how much better it’ll be 🙂