Why Do We Have a Tabler of the Week?
We periodically interview one of our amazing co-workers to highlight on our culture blog. A great culture is 100% about the people that drive it. We come from different places, backgrounds, and experiences and all add a lot of spice to this workplace.
Tabler of the Week: David Budimir
Tabler Since: January 2016
Hails From: Arlington, Virginia
Proud Alumni Of: Temple University
What is your role at Social Tables? Content Marketing Manager (Tabler for Content)
What were you doing before you came to Social Tables? I worked at a startup in Philly called Curalate then took 10 months to my self to travel in Southeast Asia.
What do you like to do outside of work? My favorite thing to do is explore DC on my bike, and documenting my life on my vlog or Instagram. Seriously check out my vlogs: dbudi.com
Talk about your favorite Core Value: Always Honest. It reminds me of this story that Jony Ive told about an interaction with Steve Jobs.
“I remember having a conversation with [Steve] and I was asking why it could have been perceived that in his critique of a piece of work he was a little harsh. We’d been working on this [project] and we’d put our heart and soul into this, and I was saying, ‘Couldn’t we … moderate the things we said?
And he said, ‘Why?’ and I said, ‘ Because I care about the team.’ And he said this brutally, brilliantly insightful thing, which was, ’No Jony, you’re just really vain.’ He said, ‘You just want people to like you, and I’m surprised at you because I thought you really held the work up as the most important, not how you believed you were perceived by other people.’
People have a tendency to mitigate and massage the truth, but if we all really care about our co-workers and what we’re working towards, we owe it to each other to be dead honest about everything we do.
Talk about your favorite Social Tables event: I’ve been to two Fuse events so far and could not be happier about how we represent ourselves at each one. Without fail we stand out among the other sponsors, and I love hearing clients openly talk about their experiences with our team.
And they’re also just really fun. : )
What makes you weird? I’ll put a camera in your face, anytime any place.
Cheers from Peers:
- Congrats on producing and publishing the first podcast! So proud!
- Can’t wait to tackle #Fuse2016: Orlando Edition!
- The video you created for ST Conf is EPIC! Thank you for your help! YOU ARE AMAZING!
- Your stconf video is a masterpiece, especially knowing the material we gave you to work with
- Thanks for always being considerate about maintaining and respecting our brand. The design work you’ve been doing looks great!
- The site visit e-book went more viral than smallpox!
- Way to kill it at work! 10PM Singapore case study? check! Thanks for producing amazing content! #candymakesyouworkharder
- Site Visit Revisited is truly an amazing piece of content! It helped bring dormant deals back to life and I had C level executives reach out to me directly asking for a copy so they could share with their teams! #thoughtleadership