Why Do We Have a Tabler of the Week?
We periodically interview one of our amazing co-workers to highlight on our culture blog. A great culture is 100% about the people that drive it. We come from different places, backgrounds, and experiences and all add a lot of spice to this workplace.
Tabler of the Week: Sarah Shepherd aka Shep, Mama Shep, Little Sheppy, and Sunshine
Tabler Since: January 25, 2016 (yes, the Monday after Jonas!)
Hails From: The one and only RVA (Richmond, VA just in case you weren’t in the know)
Proud Alumni Of: Christopher Newport University…Go Captains!
What is your role at Social Tables? HR Generalist
What were you doing before you came to Social Tables? I was working at Helios HR as an HR Business Partner where I did a variety of projects for clients and at times acted as the outsourced HR contact. Going from consulting back to corporate HR is…interesting!
What do you like to do outside of work? I love to cook (I recently converted to Blue Apron because I’m terrible at adulting and going grocery shopping) and when I’m feeling brave finding a great wine or beer pairing. I have two amazing dogs, Ellie Mae and Kacie Virginia, who have seen me through every step of the way. My family is in Richmond still, and my friends, featured below, are a huge part of my life. Finally, I officially have the traveling bug after a solo trip to Italy…next up is Paris potentially as soon as this fall!
Talk about your favorite Core Value: “Have Fun, Be Weird, Always Be You” I LOVE a workplace that wants you to bring yourself to the table. It’s what I loved about Helios and what I love about Social Tables. This value requires authenticity and appreciation that makes being a part of this hardworking, fast-paced team so easy.
Talk about your favorite Social Tables event: We’re currently planning it…#STconf! We have an annual event that is dedicated to learning more about our industry, our company, and that which interests our incredible team of people. Training and development is what I dream of doing with my life in the long-term, so I’m excited to see my first one in action!
What makes you weird? I’m pretty corporate by most ST-andards, but I am addicted to tattoos. I’m an outstanding speller and won my school spelling bee a couple of times. I am horrified by frogs – y’all feel free to prank me and find out how much…that’s fine, but the life of the frog and our relationship will hang in the balance. I also really like ketchup with my grilled cheese 🙂
Cheers from Peers:
- Stay Electric!
- Thanks for warning us about melty marshmallows!
- I’m excited about STConf! Great first meeting this morning – go team.
- Thank you for everything you do on a daily basis to make ST awesome!! You are so great and I am so happy I get to work with you! 😀 😀 😀 TEAM AWESOME 😀 😀 😀
- Thank you for helping with all the Zenefits stuff! I really appreciate it!
- Thanks for organizing the NCAA tournament festivities this past week! It was a pretty epic set-up!
- Thank you for making the first day of new employees great! I just saw the cards you write them. It’s so nice and welcoming.
- Cheers for doing the handwritten cards for new employees! Small things make a big difference.
- Social Tables is so lucky to have you. Thanks for being so amazing and always open for a quick chat. It goes a long way 🙂
- Thanks! Great job curating our onboarding processes!