This post was written by Sarah Ghessie, operations manager for Social Tables.
Why Do We Have a Tabler of the Week?
We periodically interview one of our amazing co-workers to highlight on our culture blog. A great culture is 100% about the people that drive it. We come from different places, backgrounds, and experiences and all add a lot of spice to this workplace.
Name: Angelina Cho
Tabler Since: November 2014
Where are you from?
New Jersey, but I’ve been in the DC area since 2007
What is your role at Social Tables?
Office Manager – I take care of the office space and the people who work here. Whether it’s making sure we have power strips or ordering drinks we need for our weekly Happy Hour, I support the entire company by taking ownership of the office environment and all related processes. I have the luxury of being able to spend time with every single person working at Social Tables.
What were you doing before you came to Social Tables?
After graduating from American University in 2011, I worked as a Legal Assistant at a tax law/wealth management firm in downtown DC. I worked there for 3.5 years before joining Social Tables.
What do you like to do outside of work?
- I love watching TV and thank the TV gods all the time that DVR was invented. Let me know what you watch and I probably watch it, too.
- I like hanging out with my dog, Oliver – he is a bulldog and sleeps the majority of the day which makes him a great companion.
- I’m a believer that breaking bread with people is the best way to connect – so I love checking out new restaurants
Talk about your favorite Core Value:
My favorite one is “Teams are Families.” When I decided that I was ready to start the next chapter of my career, I did a lot of research on what type of environment I wanted to work in. I wanted a place where I can grow personally and professionally, alongside a supportive team filled with people who were doing awesome things every day. I get to come into work every day knowing I am surrounded by incredible people – and I can learn from them, get honest feedback, trust them to be there when I don’t even know I need them, and (my favorite!) celebrate with them.
Talk about your favorite Social Tables event.
My favorite Social Tables event was our 2014 Holiday Party. We had rented a mansion in DC, brought in bartenders and a caterer, and put together a playlist (thanks, Ray!). It was just us Tablers hanging out in a house and celebrating the end of the year together – no stuffiness, no assigned seating for dinner, no boring obligatory speeches to sit through. Some highlights: our photographer got some amazingly blackmail-worthy shots of us all, the police stopped by for a visit, and Will Merrick signed his offer letter on-the-spot to officially join the team.
What makes you weird?
- I have a bulldog named Oliver – and I started an Instagram account for him.
- I might be the only person who still actively plays Candy Crush.
- I don’t drink anything while eating meals, even if I have a drink available. I always wait until I am done eating.
- I’ve been told by many people that this is weird, even though I don’t think it is: I brush my teeth using warm/hot water. Why is that weird?!
Cheers from Peers:
- Thank you for being so incredibly resourceful and managing to assist me with all my questions/inquiries over the past few weeks! Cheers!
- Thank you for making the desk moves as painless as organized as possible while keeping a great attitude. We couldn’t be successful as a company without your support 🙂